Our school is located in Miramar, the noble coastline-district of Havana with major hotels, embassies and a lively bar and club nightlife.
The school is equipped with spacious classrooms, provides internet access within the building and also has a cafeteria.
We offer a variety of activities most of which are for free of charge. We organize dinners, parties and evenings with Cuban students, as well as trips and excursions on a regular basis.
Our cultural and social activities will encourage you to practice Spanish and will give you plenty of opportunities to make new friends.
Spanish courses on Cuba at Sprachcaffe Cuba
Courses start on Mondays and end on Fridays. Groups have a maximum of 10 students per class and will be set up according to the result of a placement test.
Spanish course types
We offer 2 types of courses; group tuition and private tuition.
• Our groups have a maximum of 10 students per class
• Each lessons is 45 minutes long
• Levels are set up according to the result of a placement test
• Course material is lent to our students in class
• After the course students will receive a certificate
Our teaching method
Our method is based on communication.
The desire to be involved in the experiences of others is the motivation for success and will transform learning as quickly as possible into a spontaneous and creative experience.
Our teachers are native speakers and experienced in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. They see their work not only as a job but as a vocation and show a lot of commitment.
Group tuition - Semi-Intensive course - 20 lessons per week
• 4 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 10 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 09:30 – 11:00 & 11:30 – 13:00*
• Price in Euros: First week - 190 €,
additional week - 190 €
Group tuition - Intensive course - 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 10 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 08:30 - 19:15 & 09:30 – 11:00 & 11:30 – 13:00 & 13:15 - 14:00*
• Price in Euros: First week - 270 €;
additional week - 270 €
Private tuition with 10, 20 or 30 lessons per week
• 2, 4 or 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
• Timetable to be agreed individually
• Price in Euros: First week - 300 / 600 / 900 €;
additional week - 300 / 600 / 900 €
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organizational requirements.
We offer all official Spanish course levels. The participant's level will be determined in a placement test.
Course level A0
• Beginners - no knowledge
• The most basic structures of Spanish will be learnt
• This includes pronunciation exercises, the most basic grammatical concept as well as most basic vocabulary
Course level A1
• Beginners - little knowledge
• Grammatical structures and vocabulary will give a basic idea of Spanish
• Conversation focuses on how to converse in everyday situations
• Reading is an important part of this level for it enables the student to hear and practice correct pronunciation
Course level A2
• Beginners - basic knowledge
• Indicative past and future tenses are compared and studied in detail
• Practical exercises such as informal conversation is used to improve comprehension
• Conversation is one of the most important parts, students are encouraged to discuss topics in class
Course level B1
• For students who have already studied all Indicative tenses
• After a fast review of all Indicative tenses Subjunctive tenses are the main topic studied in class - starting with Subjunctive present tense -
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation focuses on articles taken from magazines which are used for further discussions and dialogues
Course level B2
• Upper Intermediate
• For students who have already studied Indicative and Subjunctive tenses
• Grammatical exceptions as well as difficult grammatical details are taught
• High level conversation and specialized vocabulary are learnt
• In all exercises the most important aspect is to speak and communicate in Spanish appropriately and correctly
Course level C1/ C2
• Advanced & Superior
• The aim in our C1 / C2 Level is to gain a proficiency level in Spanish, level C2 is very close to the level of a native speaker
• All grammar, exceptions and standard to advanced vocabulary is assumed to be known